Thursday, July 14, 2011

Week Five - Day Three - Max Upper Body

Yesterday I decided to watch Matt train down at Praxis Strength Training, and Coach Mike decided to put me on a platform to see what I could do. I enjoyed it so much that I'm going to do it! So my program now is going to change according to my Olympic Lifting Training regimen. I still need to be building muscle and strength, so I'm going to incorporate that into my program.

for today:


Buy in: Assistance work (Pullups, Chin Ups, Dips) x 10 each, Pushups x 10, Upper Body Mobility work, foam rollers

Workout:

Flat Bench Press

8 reps at 60%
5 reps at 80%
3 reps at 90%
3 reps at 95%
3 reps going for your max 3


My upper back needs works (Weak Rhomboids, traps, spinal erectors) so that will be my supplemental focus:

Supplemental:

Dumbell Bench Press 3x (15 - 20) 3 minute rest in between

Superset (Horizontal pull, Read Delt): Perform one exercise right after the other, then rest.

Chest Supported T-bar Row 4 sets of 10 reps
Incline Reverse Flyes: 4 sets of 10 reps

90 seconds rest between

Traps: Barbell Shrugs 4 sets of 10 reps

Elbow Flexors: Incline Dumbbell Curls

Cashout: Tabata Row!

1 comment:

  1. Kat's Numbers:

    Bench (should of gone higher, but didn't have a reliable spot)
    8x55
    5x70
    3x90
    3x95
    3x100

    Chest Supported Row: bar +25
    Reverse flyes: 5lbs each focusing on form
    Shrugs: 30lbs each
    Curls: 12lbs each

    Skipped my Tabata due to work. :(

    ReplyDelete